The Microsoft Word Viewer is being retired in November, 2017. At that time, the Viewer will no longer be available for download and will no longer receive security updates.
Microsoft recommends using these applications to view Word files:
- On Windows 10 PCs, download the free Word Mobile application from the Windows Store.
- On iOS devices, download the free Word for iOS application from the Apple Store.
- On Android devices, download the free Word for Android application from the Google Play store.
- Try Office 365 for free for 1 month, which gives you access to the full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and more and can be installed on up to 5 PCs or Macs, plus up to 5 tablets and 5 phones.
- On Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 PCs, upload the file to OneDrive and view it for free using Word Online.